From the moment I’ve seen Dubrovnik pictures, I knew I really want to visit Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Cobbled streets, red rooftops, charming corners, impressive Old Town walls, turquoise water of the Adriatic Sea and breathtaking views – the place looked just too perfect to be real.
Until now I’ve had a chance to travel to Dubrovnik three times during my Balkan travels and with each visit I was falling for the town more and more.
This is one of the most picturesque places you will find in Europe and I bet you will fall under its charm too! Don’t forget all the amazing day trips from Dubrovnik too!
When to visit Dubrovnik, Croatia for the best pictures?
Unfortunately, the world has discovered how beautiful and interesting the town is and learned about all the great things to do in Dubrovnik.
The city is dealing with the overtourism, especially in the summer season. If your timing is bad or if you are unlucky you might have to visit Dubrovnik together with crowds of people.
But there are ways to avoid that!
First of all check the days when the cruise ships arrive in Dubrovnik – you don’t want to be there at the same time!
For the best Dubrovnik photos try to be outside early in the morning, when the streets are still fairly empty – you don’t want others to ruin your beautiful photos!
Best Dubrovnik photos locations
If you are looking for the best Dubrovnik pictures locations – check these places:
- Old Town Walls – it’s a bit pricey to visit the Walls but I think it’s worth every penny as the views are splendid.
You can admire Dubrovnik Old Town and surrounding areas from different perspectives but my favorite part was around Minceta Tower and the tower itself – you can see the whole Old Town and the Adriatic Sea from there.
- Fort Lovrijenac – for some reason, not too many people get there but this is the best place in Dubrovnik to admire the magnificent Old Town Walls and beyond.
With the ticket to the Old Town Walls you can visit Fort Lovrijenac for free.
- Franciscan and Dominican Monasteries – a calm oasis in Dubrovnik Old Town
- Jesuit stairs – known from the Game of Thrones (the famous “walk of shame” scene) this is one of the most picturesque locations in Dubrovnik Old Town
- Stradun – the main street of Dubrovnik Old Town
- Back streets – those on the Adriatic side of Stradun are a maze of lanes, with occasional arches and passes and lots of good angles for photos; those on the mountains’ side are more structured but offer amazing views from the upper parts.
- Ploce Gate – great views of the Old Harbour and Old Town Walls
- Banje Beach – another perspective of Dubrovnik Old Town
- Mount Srd – take the cable car up the Srd mountain for the best views of Dubrovnik Old Town from above. The best time to be here is around sunset time.
- Frana Supila street, above Sveti Jakov beach – probably my favorite place for Dubrovnik photos, a stunning view of the Old Town, surrounding mountains and turquoise waters of the Adriatic Sea
And now let me show you some of the Dubrovnik pictures that will hopefully inspire you to visit Dubrovnik too!
For the end I left a few announcements that might interest you:
- Sign up to my newsletter or follow me on Bloglovin to get updates about the new posts
- Join my Facebook group about Eastern Europe, the Balkans and former USSR and connect with fellow travellers and enthusiasts of these regions – just click here!
- I’ve included a few handy links of services and products I personally like and use so you can plan your own trip to Croatia too. They are often affiliate links. This means I will get a small commission if you book/purchase anything through my links, at no extra costs for you. Thank you!
LIKED IT? PIN THIS POST FOR LATER!
If you enjoyed that post why don't you share it with your friends? That would mean so much to me! Also be sure to join 30.000+ fellow travelers and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for travel updates and even more pictures! If you don't want to miss new posts sign up to my newsletter or follow on Bloglovin!